La Union Botanical Garden
La Union Botanical Garden is a beautiful and diverse attraction in San Fernando, La Union, Philippines. It is a 20-hectare "garden of gardens" that showcases different types of plants, animals, and landscapes from various regions of the world. Here are some of the things that you can see and do at La Union Botanical Garden:
• Explore the themed gardens, such as the Shade Garden, the Sunken Garden, the Evergreen Garden, the Arid Paradise, the Fragrance Garden, the Fernery, and the Palmery. Each garden has its own unique design and collection of plants that suit different climates and preferences.
• Visit the zoo and see a variety of wild animals, such as monkeys, deer, ostriches, peacocks, eagles, and crocodiles. You can also feed some of the animals and learn more about their habitats and behaviors.
• Enjoy the scenic views of the tropical rainforest, the rolling hills, and the San Fernando Bay. You can also relax by the picnic area, the gazebo, or the Japanese garden. You can also take photos at the various Instagrammable spots around the garden.
• Learn about the history and culture of La Union and its people. You can see some historical artifacts and monuments at the museum and the heritage park. You can also witness some cultural performances and festivals at the amphitheater.
• Shop for souvenirs and local products at the gift shop and the nursery. You can buy some plants, seeds, cuttings, pots, and gardening tools. You can also buy some handicrafts, food items, and wine made from grapes grown in La Union.
La Union Botanical Garden is open from Monday to Sunday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The entrance fee is 50 pesos for adults and 30 pesos for children. You can also avail of guided tours for an additional fee.
Photo credit: https://www.launiontayo.com.ph/banner/botanical-garden/
Video credit: https://www.youtube.com/@katravelbro