Grape Farms – La Union
Grape Farms – La Union are a group of vineyards that produce and sell grapes, wine, and other grape products in the province of La Union, Philippines. La Union is known for its abundant grape harvest, especially in the municipality of Bauang, where the first grape farm was established in 1972 by Avelino Lomboy, the "Grape King" of the Philippines.
There are many grape farms in La Union that you can visit and enjoy. Some of the benefits of visiting these farms are:
• You can pick and eat fresh grapes from the vines. The grapes are organic, sweet, and juicy, and come in different varieties, such as red cardinal, black Hamburg, and Brazilian hybrids.
• You can learn about the history and culture of grape farming in La Union. The grape farmers are friendly and knowledgeable, and they can share with you their stories and techniques of growing grapes in a tropical climate.
• You can buy grape products, such as wine, juice, jam, vinegar, and cuttings. The grape products are made from locally-grown grapes and have a distinct flavor and quality. You can also buy grape cuttings to grow your own vineyard at home.
• You can enjoy the scenic views of the vineyards and the surrounding landscapes. The vineyards are lush and green, and they offer a relaxing and refreshing atmosphere. You can also see the San Fernando Bay and the West Philippine Sea from some of the farms.
Some of the best grape farms in La Union that you can visit are:
• Lomboy Farms - This is the pioneer grape farm in La Union, founded by Avelino Lomboy. It has a vast area of vineyards, a vineyard cafe, a golf course, and a private beach. It also hosts events, such as weddings and seminars.
• Gapuz Grapes Farm - This is one of the most popular grape farms in La Union, known for its Instagrammable spots and friendly staff. It has a variety of grapes for picking, a wine cellar, a restaurant, and a souvenir shop
• Calica Grapes Farm - This is a family-owned grape farm that produces high-quality red cardinal grapes. It also has a guapple farm (guava and apple), a vegetable salad bar, and a photo backdrop.
• Manguerra Grapes Farm - This is a laid-back grape farm that has a unique ambiance and decor. It has different types of grapes for picking, as well as fruit juices, wine, and homemade grape vinegar.